Happy New Year! 2014 has come and gone and it’s making us reflective. We’re looking back on an amazing 2014 with so much growth, and most importantly, amazing new friends we’ve made last year.
Thank you to all our readers, friends, IE Cupcake Fair supporters and partners who believed in IEShineOn.com’s potential. We accomplished a lot in 2014. We had our Second Annual Inland Empire Cupcake Fair in May and we were able to donate proceeds to the California Riverside Ballet and Community Connect. IEShineOn.com also purchased InlandDeals.com and created partnerships with other Inland Empire media, like KCAA 1050AM and LifeinCorona.com. Then at the beginning of December, we launched the redesign of IEShineOn.com and made it faster, cleaner and more fun.
We want to thank this time to shout out to all our friends. It’s a long list and we’re so grateful for that. If I’ve forgotten anyone on this list we hope you’ll forgive me and give me a shout. Coffee on us!
We look forward to an amazing new year of bigger growth and more good times from IEShineOn.com.
THANK YOU TO OUR PUBLISHING PARTNERS
This year was a big year for networking for IEShineOn.com. We were able to partner with like-minded publishers, who believe in the growth of the Inland Empire and provide valuable content to keep our local audience informed and entertained. In 2014, we partnered
THANK YOU TO OUR PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS
What an amazing year of growth for IEShineOn.com. This was possible with local businesses who believed in our website’s potential. Our goal is to assist our promotional partners with creating more awareness for their business. We thank these partners for their patronage and the opportunity to promote their business.
- A Birthday 2 Remember (Inland Empire)
- American English Institute (Riverside)
- Bow Wow Barkery (Rancho Cucamonga)
- California Beer Festival (San Dimas)
- California Cake Decorations & Supply Co. (Redlands)
- Dancing in Riverside (Riverside)
- DragonMarsh (Riverside)
- FITT Ryde Cycle Core & More (Corona)
- Kitchen Sink Events (Corona)
- LaLa Sophia’s Bakery (Upland)
- The Pink Ribbon Place Thrift Store (Riverside)
- Taste of Brews
THANK YOU TO THE IE CUPCAKE FAIR BAKERS
This year, we were able to produce the Second Annual Inland Empire Cupcake Fair “Cupcakes for a Cause” in Downtown Riverside. Due to the interest and high demand for the event, we knew we had to bring it back and we’re so glad we did. We were able to raise money and donate to two local non-profit organizations: Community Connect and California Riverside Ballet.
Thank you to all the bakers who participated in the event and generously passed out cupcake tastings to our event guests.
- BluKat Sugar Art
- Brady Cakes
- [desi]gn cakes & cupcakes
- Dreamy Little Cupcakes
- Jamie’s Cakes
- KML Events
- Lavish Cupcakery
- My Little CuppyCake
- Nunny’s Pastries
- Queen Sin’s Cupcakes
- Simply Fancy Cuisine
- Sweet Caroline Bake Shop
- Sweet Epies
- Sweet Euphoria Pastries
- Viva Los Cupcakes
THANK YOU TO THE FRIENDLY BUSINESSES
Thank you to all the local businesses who have generously provided us with gifts to give away to our readers, like admission tickets and gift cards. We’re lucky to have such amazing friends who appreciate our readers and show support to the community.
- Bruxie Gourmet Waffle Sandwiches & More
- D Dogs Restaurant (Riverside)
- Del Real Foods (Mira Loma)
- Eureka! Burgers (Redlands, Claremont, Apple Valley)
- Fab, Fierce and Fabulous
- Fiesta Village (Riverside)
- Goodwin’s Organic Food & Drinks (Riverside)
- Kinetic Mind Body (Redlands)
- The Kitchen Station (Chino)
- Mothership Scrapbook Gal (Riverside)
- Nectar Clothing (Claremont & Redlands)
- PartyUp Entertainment (Inland Empire)
- Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (Rancho Cucamonga)
- Shutter Cubby (Inland Empire)
- Vom Fass Claremont (Claremont)
- International Day Spa (Redlands)
- Paul Martin’s American Grill (Rancho Cucamonga)
- Riverside Convention Center (Riverside)
- Sharon Lee Realty (Upland)
- Stater Bros. Markets
- Vive Beauty Lounge (Upland)
THANK YOU TO OUR NON-PROFIT PARTNERS
One of the missions of IEShineOn.com is to “Contribute to the social and cultural well being of the Inland Empire by giving back to local, like-minded non-profits that make a strong impact in the Inland Empire.”
We’re continuing this mission into the new content we provide. For example, we recently launched our first Community Feature called, “12 Days of Giving” where we showcased twelve different local non-profits and shared the story of the impact they make in the community. I hope you’ll check it out, as the first of many more Community Features. READ >>
- California Riverside Ballet (Riverside)
- Community Connect (Riverside)
- Kids Rock Free (Corona)
- Riverside Meals on Wheels (Riverside)
- Pink Ribbon Place (Riverside)
Hi Friends & Neighbors -
Christmas is only days away and we’re in full holiday cheer! Check out the Inland Empire Holiday Events Guides to check out an updated list of holiday events.
Or, if you’re already thinking ahead to New Year’s Eve and you plan on staying local, check out our list of NYE events in the Inland Empire
Hi Friends & Neighbors -
Have you noticed our website’s new look? I’m so proud to announce the launch of our newly redesigned website. We’re now more than just Guides now! We want to share more of the Inland Empire lifestyle. Our goal with the website redesign was to create a website that was faster, easier to navigate and explore, while providing more of the content our readers want to read.
In the past, we’ve shared event guides on the blog and attraction and dining guides on our main website IEShineOn.com. That’s going to change. Our Guides, Events Calendar, articles and new columns will all live on IEShineOn.com – all in one happy place.
We, also, have new featured columns with a local flair:
- Sara’s Kitchen Adventures – Recipes with a Local Flair – Sara, from the very popular cooking & baking blog My Imperfect Kitchen, will be creating special recipes with ingredients sourced locally.
- Taste – Musings of the Inland Empire Food & Drink Scene – Our food and drink guru, Cianna, will travel the Inland Empire and tell us what she thinks of some of the best local dining spots.
- Amplif[ie]d – Interviews with local bands rocking the Inland Empire
- Style Me Forward – Nectar Clothing, a very popular women’s fashion boutique with locations in Redlands, Claremont and OC is another premiere contributor sharing the latest fashion trends and how ladies in the Inland Empire can make these trends their own
- DIY/Craft column – Local crafty lady, Mothership Scrapbook Gal, will share seasonal crafts that you can do at home.
Plus, we’ll continue to provide the stuff you love like our attraction, dining and events guides!
So, check out the new articles and our new columns and tell us what you think of the new site. We’d love to hear what you think and want to hear suggestions for restaurants, businesses, and bands you’d like us to check out. Leave us your feedback in our comment section below.
Thank you to all who have supported IEShineOn.com and followed us through all our changes. Your support shows us that there are others that are just as passionate about the Inland Empire as we are!
Till next time…