Hi Friends & Neighbors -
Have you noticed our website’s new look? I’m so proud to announce the launch of our newly redesigned website. We’re now more than just Guides now! We want to share more of the Inland Empire lifestyle. Our goal with the website redesign was to create a website that was faster, easier to navigate and explore, while providing more of the content our readers want to read.
In the past, we’ve shared event guides on the blog and attraction and dining guides on our main website IEShineOn.com. That’s going to change. Our Guides, Events Calendar, articles and new columns will all live on IEShineOn.com – all in one happy place.
We, also, have new featured columns with a local flair:
- Sara’s Kitchen Adventures – Recipes with a Local Flair – Sara, from the very popular cooking & baking blog My Imperfect Kitchen, will be creating special recipes with ingredients sourced locally.
- Taste – Musings of the Inland Empire Food & Drink Scene – Our food and drink guru, Cianna, will travel the Inland Empire and tell us what she thinks of some of the best local dining spots.
- Amplif[ie]d – Interviews with local bands rocking the Inland Empire
- Style Me Forward – Nectar Clothing, a very popular women’s fashion boutique with locations in Redlands, Claremont and OC is another premiere contributor sharing the latest fashion trends and how ladies in the Inland Empire can make these trends their own
- DIY/Craft column – Local crafty lady, Mothership Scrapbook Gal, will share seasonal crafts that you can do at home.
Plus, we’ll continue to provide the stuff you love like our attraction, dining and events guides!
So, check out the new articles and our new columns and tell us what you think of the new site. We’d love to hear what you think and want to hear suggestions for restaurants, businesses, and bands you’d like us to check out. Leave us your feedback in our comment section below.
Thank you to all who have supported IEShineOn.com and followed us through all our changes. Your support shows us that there are others that are just as passionate about the Inland Empire as we are!
Till next time…
Hi Friends & Neighbors –
We want to bring you a couple new and exciting events this year that you won’t find anywhere else. You have definitely heard of beer and wine tasting, but have you ever checked out a tea tasting? How about heading out to a farmers’ market to grab some fresh, healthy ingredients to cook an intimate date night meal for your loved ones? Take a peek at our date suggestions for this week, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with something unique!
Have a great week!
12/1, Concert – Pomona College Afro-Cuban Ensemble at Lymanhall at Pomona College in Claremont at 8p.m. Admission is free. An evening of Afro-Cuban music is the perfect way to serenade your loved one into the romance of the holiday season. There is something about live music that goes so well with the classy feel of the holiday season.
12/2, Tea Tasting – Mini Tea Tasting at DragonMarsh in Riverside at 7p.m. Price is $5. If you are considered a tea connoisseur, enjoy the occasional warm cup, or if you’re in search for the perfect gift for the tea-lover in your life, this is perfect tasting for you. Forget beer and wine, tea is where it’s really at.
12/3, Trivia Night – Wednesday Trivia Night at D-Dogs Sports Restaurant in Riverside at 7p.m. Free to the public. If you have a competitive spirit and want to meet some cool new people while enjoying amazing food and drinks, then this is the place to spend hump day! Don’t miss this evening brought to you by the Trivia Kings, who pride themselves in being, “The Home of Damn Good Trivia.”
12/4, Farmers Market – Heritage Harvest Farmers Market at Terra Vista Town Center in Rancho Cucamonga from 3p.m. to 7p.m. Cost is free. There is nothing better than cooking a meal for your family with fresh produce. Check out this market that has a focus on health and wellness, and grab some ingredients to make a special at-home date night dinner for your boo.
12/4, Christmas Play – A Christmas Carol at Old Town Temecula Community Theater at 7:30p.m. Tickets range from $20-$25. There is nothing better to ring in the holiday season than one of the most signature yuletide stories of all time. This Charles Dickens’ classic will bring holiday cheer to you and yours.
12/5, Painting and Wine – Painting & Vino at My Learning Studio in Riverside from 6:45p.m. to 9p.m. Price is $37 for one person or $57 for two people. Paint some beautiful palm trees, and show off your artistic skill. Even if you don’t have an artsy gift, the wine will definitely help you with at least the confidence.
12/5, Holiday Performance – Holiday Follies at Center Stage Theater in Fontana at 7:30p.m. Ticket prices range from $18 to $49.95, with an Enchanted Evening package that is $199 per couple. Join this cast of star-studded performers as they bring the first night of this season’s Holiday Follies.
Last year we started a tradition of sharing our team’s Small Business Saturday picks (2013 Small Business Saturday picks). We’d like to carry on that tradition again this year, especially since our team has more than doubled in size! Small Business Saturday is this Saturday, November 29, 2014. Check out our team’s local picks and make plans to shop till you drop!
So, what’s Small Business Saturday all about? It’s an effort to encourage shoppers, after Black Friday and before Cyber Monday, to shop locally at an independently owned small businesses. The effort isn’t only focused on shoppers; it also rallies neighborhoods to come together to bring locals out to their Main Streets, villages and town centers. To find a list of participating businesses, check out the handy map tool American Express provides – click here.
So, back to the IEShineOn.com team’s picks of favorite local shopping and eating spots. Let us know in the comments below if you have a favorite place. We’d love to check it out!
Jamie, our Editor, Shop Small Saturday Picks:
- La Bomba (Pomona) – Great selection of vintage apparel and unique gifts, located in Downtown Pomona.
- Rhino Records (Claremont) – A Claremont staple, Rhino Records does more than offer an amazing music selection, but they have the most unique gifts, books, cards and more.
- Genoveva’s Fine Mexican Food & Grill (Upland) – This family owned business has fresh, authentic Mexican dishes at amazing prices. It’s a Downtown Upland favorite.
- Laughing Buddha (Upland) – Fan of piercings and tattoos? This is the place to go.
Ashley, Contributing Writer, Shop Small Saturday Picks:
- Hugo’s Flowers (Pomona) – Best flowers at great prices!
- Coffee Klatch (Rancho Cucamonga) – In the flurry of holiday shopping, it’s nice to enjoy a warm holiday afternoon on the Coffee Klatch patio to #drinklocalcoffee.
Cianna, Contributing Writer, Shop Small Saturday Picks:
- Joseph Filippi Winery (Rancho Cucamonga) – Right down the street from where I live. It’s a great place to sip wine with friends, while supporting this Inland Empire institution.
Sara, Contributing Writer, Shop Small Saturday Picks:
- The Cheese Cave (Claremont) – If you’re an Inland Empire foodie, then you know The Cheese Cave is on your list of go-to places. A great selection of amazing cheeses – ask for samples!
- Wootens Scrapbook Co. (Ontario) – If crafting and scrapbooking is your game, head to an independent shop like Wootens.
Megan, Contributing Writer, Shop Small Saturday Picks:
- Frugal Frigate (Redlands) – This local bookstore is a great place to let the kiddies explore, while you rest your feet.
- Kissui (Redlands) – Support your local clothing boutiques, like this one that provides the cutest outfits and baby-to-toddler toys and supplies.
… and Su’s picks (our publisher)? It’s gotta be our coupon advertisers (always working, right?)…
Click on any of the images below and grab the coupon. You can bookmark InlandDeals.com on your phone and show the coupon, or you can also download the InlandDeals.com iPhone app or Droid app and never have to worry about leaving your coupon clippings at home!