Hi neighbors -
It’s “Focus on Temecula” all week long on the IEShineOn Blog and boy am I excited! There are so many fantastic places to share from our Southern California vineyards – almost too many for one list. I hope you enjoy my Temecula itinerary and find it a useful resource when you create your own Temecula wine country road trip agenda.
Enjoy and stay tuned for more Temecula on the blog all week long!
Keyways Winery – 37338 De Portola Road Temecula
* 5 tastes for $15 – absolutely reasonably priced. My favorite wine there was their 2011 Viognier. So fantastic that no other Viognier wine I tasted anywhere else in Temecula compared. Wish I had gone on Sat. or Sun. when they have live music from 1:30-5:30 p.m..
Falkner Winery – 40620 Calle Contento Temecula
* I must have been on a wine kick because fell in love with the 2011 Riesling and took a bottle home. FYI, military gets 15% off all purchases and discounts on tastings so don’t forget your I.D..
Bel Vino Winery – 33515 Rancho California Road Temecula
* Bel Vino provided us this week’s Fan of the Week prize: 2-for-1 tasting coupons. I had the chance to visit them and check out their tastings and their fantastic new Bel Vino House. I’ll be sharing more about Bel Vino on the blog tomorrow. So keep an eye out.
The Restaurant at Leoness Cellars – 38311 De Portola Rd. Temecula
* Cuisine is AH-mazing! Fries are cooked to order in traditional French method. Ahi salad was perfection and don’t forget dessert. They have this mango cheesecake dessert that makes all the calories worth it! On top of all this you can’t leave without trying one of their eye stunning wine flights.
The Pinnacle Restaurant at Falkner Winery – 40620 Calle Contento Temecula
* Considered one of Temecula’s finest restaurants and voted 2011 OpenTable.com Diners’ Choice – totally lived up to the name. The breathtaking views from this unique restaurant offers fantastic food, memorable ambiance and top notch customer service. Make it a point to try the popular lobster mac ‘n cheese and if you’re lucky and they have duck breast as their daily special – say YES! By the way, small thumbnail size image of the food would not do it justice. You can check out more photos on our Facebook page.
TIME FOR A SNACK…AND MORE WINE
South Coast Winery – 34843 Rancho California Road Temecula
* One of the IEShineOn fan favorites and I can see why. The resort is huge! Really wish I had the chance to try their spa but all I had time for was a fantastic ceviche and glass of their 2010 Merlot Rose.
BEST TIME SUCK
Old Town Antique Faire – 28601 Old Town Front Street Temecula
* This is a huge antique store in the middle of Old Town. I’ve read some online reviews about unfriendly staff and poor service – but aside from that it’s a great way to waste the afternoon away and beat the heat.
Fourth Street Antiques – 41975 4th Street Temecula
* Another fantastic antique store just down the street.
SWEETS TREATS & FAMILY FUN
Old Town Sweet Shop – 28545 Old Town Front Street Temecula
* Fantastic vintage and very old school candy sold here! It’s a fantastic space with great staff. If the hundreds of different candy choices aren’t enough, then grab some chocolate covered bacon and fudge they make in their store. Or grab an ice cream cone and grab a seat on their bench out front and do some people watching.
Incr-Edible Cupcakes – 42072 5th St. #105 Temecula (off Front St. – just follow the signs)
Brand spankin’ new cupcake shop in Temecula – only two months old – and it’s uber-chic. They were contestants on Food Networks’ Cupcake Wars and made it to the second round. I hear they’ll be back on Cupcake Wars for a redemption episode – stay tuned and until then check out their delicious yummies!
Professor PennyPickle’s Workshop – 42081 Main Street Temecula
* Unique museum and gift shop great for kids 3-12 years old. If you want to tire out the kids or run off that sugar then this is the perfect place. They have mutliple rooms with different themes like Time Travel, Aviation & Flight, Music Room and more. They can have fun while expanding their minds with the hundreds of interactive elements and 25 different scavenger hunts.
QUIRKY AND OFFBEAT
Old Town Root Beer Company – 28545 Old Front St. #103 Temecula,
* You’ve probably never seen a soda collection like this before. It’ll knock your socks off! Grab a soda, old fashion sasparilla or a soda float. Better yet, take home one of their Natural Soda Samplers.
Old Town Temecula Community Theater - 42051 Main Street, Temecula
* Beautiful theater right in the middle of Old Town. Grab some dinner down the street and check out this great date night spot.
SPECIAL SPECIALTY STORES
Temecula Lavender Co. – 28561 Front St. Temecula
* Smells like a dream in here.
Temecula Olive Oil Company – 28653 Old Town Front Street Temecula
* One of my favorites stores to poke around in. They have a olive oil tasting bar in the back that’s a lot of fun and the best assortment of unexpected olive oil goods like laundry detergent soap. Learn more about TOOC from our Local Stars interview with them back in March.
Public House – 41971 Main Street Temecula
* Loved the food, fantastic beer on tap, friendly bartenders, outdoor patio and live music on Friday night. Get the basket of fries with any of their flavored spritzes.
Baily’s – 28699 Old Town Front St. Temecula
* Grab a bench in their patio or next to their fire pit and enjoy the live music. You could enjoy the folks cutting a rug or get your dancing shoes on and get into the groove yourself.
Whew – quite a list, right? This is only a tiny bit of what Temecula has to offer. I have so many other restaurants, wineries, and attractions I wanted to check out while I was in Temecula – guess I’ll have ot save them for another trip. Later this week, I’ll share my “Wish I Had” list of all the different places I wish I had more time for while I was there. So keep an eye out.
Let me know if you’re a fan of Temecula and you enjoy any of the places I mentioned. Or, if you have a place in Temecula you love but don’t see it on my itinerary give me a shout. I always love discovering new places – especially in the wine country right in our very own backyard.
Till next time…