Hi neighbors -
Wowsas, have we got a list for you! In between the barbecuing and lounging we recommend that you get outta the house and check out any of the events we have below in our Inland Empire Memorial Day Weekend Fun Guide. We’ve got fairs, services honoring our service men and women, stuff for the family and more!
If you think we’re missing anything please let us know in our comments below, or via Facebook and Twitter. Or just let us know which event you plan on going to this weekend. We always love hearing from you!
Till next time…have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend.
- 5/25, Riverside Art Museum opens the Five Hundred Years of Caricature and Satire at RAM. Runs through 9/15/12. The Art of Humor presents works by well-chronicled pioneers in satire and caricature art.
- 5/25-26, Come listen to 10 different indie bands at the free Saturation Art and Music Fest at Mission Tobacco Lounge.
- 5/26, Riverside DIY Print Fest 2012 – Interested in self publishing, DIY screen printing? Check out this fun and informative event.
- 5/26, Love chili and cars? Riverside’s 10th Annual Chili Cook-Off & Car/Cycle Show is expected to be hot!
- 5/27, grab your reusable bag and head to the Riverside Certified Farmers’ Market and grab some goodies for your Monday bbq.
- 5/28, West Coast Thunder - More than 7,500 motorcyclists take to the streets in Riverside in honor of the men and women of the armed forces.
- 5/28, Riverside National Cemetery’s “Salute to Fallen Heroes” will have Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran SSgt. Octavio Gomez.
- 5/28, The American Legion holds its annual Memorial Day Services at Perris Valley Cemetery.
SAN BERNARDINO & REDLANDS
- 5/24-5/28, head to the 97th annual Festival at the National Orange Show. Five days of music, food, world-class carnival and midway, indoor and outdoor shopping, petting zoo, pig races circus and animal acts, hypnotists, clowns, juried art show, “Fiesta Days” on Sat. & Sun, Memorial Day remembrance on Monday. Adults $5, children under 10 are free; Wristbands $15; Parking $5
- 5/24, Feeling like some art & culture? RAFFMA presents a concert lecture dedicated to Art & Music in 19th Century Vienna. Wine & cheese reception starts at 6:30 p.m. and concert lecture starts at 7 p.m.
- 5/25, Play Minute to Win It for prizes at the Redlands Senior Center from 3-5 p.m. General admission starts at $5 and includes dinner.
- 5/25, Ready for laughs? Come to the comedy variety show at Fox Event Center in Redlands. Comedy, music, magic and more!
- San Bernardino County Fair is back and opening day is Saturday, 5/26! It’s only $5 admission – sounds like a bundle of fun!
- In the mood for some theater? Check out the last weekend of the Redlands Shakespeare Festival this weekend held at the Redlands Bowl.
- 5/27, Firefighters 16th Annual Car Show in Redlands, 8-4 p.m.
- All weekend, check out the Butterfly Pavillion – an interactive and outdoor classroom led by the Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens.
- 5/26, bring your reusable bag and your designated driver and go to Downtown Pomona for their ArtWalk and Pomona Night Out events. Starts at 5 p.m. ends at p.m..
- 5/25, Friday Nights LIVE! in The Claremont Village, featuring Hank’s Cadillac Country and Seth Greenburg Combo
- 5/27, Claremont Village Sunday Farmers and Artisans Market on 2nd and Indian Hill
- 5/27, Una Noche event at the College Center in Claremont
- Swim season officially begins Memorial Day weekend. So, grab your picnic basket, bathing suit and sunblock and take the family to one of the amazing San Bernardino County Regional Parks like the Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park.
- Check out a list of six things to do in Palm Springs. It includes the Aerial Tramway, Art Museum and some other attractions that are free for active or retired service members.
- 5/25-28, Enjoy a weekend of fun outdoor family activities at Vail Lake Resort.
- 5/28, Take part in the National Moment of Remembrance at the Temecula Duck Pond and Veteran’s Memorial.
- 5/26-28, If you like baseball, then you’ll love the 11th Annual Memorial Day Baseball Classic being played at several of the city’s parks.
- 5/28, Spend some time at the Memorial Day Ceremony at the Elsinore Valley Cemetery.
- 5/28, The city’s annual Memorial Day Ceremony, “Honoring Our True American Heroes” is set for Town Park Square.