The first Inland Empire Cupcake Fair has a lot of opportunities for you to participate. Are you an interested professional or amateur baker? Maybe you would like to volunteer. Check out the details below for more information.
~~ CALLING ALL BAKERS ~~
Interested in signing up? Click here to fill out the sign-up form or download the Baker Registration Form & Contest Rules. Also, check out our Bakers FAQ for more info. Got more questions? Call IEShineOn.com at 909-257-8862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
~~ NEED-TO-KNOW INFO FOR BAKERS ~~
Event time: 11-4 p.m.. General admission entry starts at 12 p.m. but V.I.P. guests and media will be allowed 1 hour early entry.
Cost to enter: It costs $50 to enter the competition. If you are also interested in hosting a table in addition to entering the competition the total fee is $120.
Competition: There will be a separate judging for professional bakers and for amateur bakers. Bakers must be registered by March 11, 2013. See Registration Form and Contest Rules here.
Cupcake categories: Best Overall and Most Unique Ingredient (you may enter both and multiple flavors)
Judging: There will be two judging panels: (1) Panel of judges (judges will be revealed later this month) and (2) Event guests
Judging submission: Provide a mini-cupcake or 1/4 of a whole cupcake for judging. On the day of the event all entrants will be directed to drop-off their cupcake for judging. Entrants must sign-in and drop off their cupcake at 9:30 a.m. See Contest Rules for details.
Hosting a table:
- If you are hosting a table please prepare 400 mini cupcakes to pass out to event guests. If you cannot provide mini-cupcakes you may cut a regular sized cupcake into quarters and pass these out to event guests.
- If you want to bring your own table, that is fine. The table must be maximum 8 feet long.
- Event guests will each be provided six tasting tickets. Guests will provide a ticket to table hosts in exchange for one tasting.
- The venue will provide a white linen for your 6′ table but you may bring your own linen and decorations for your table. I would encourage table hosts to bring company signage to hang at the front of their table and small signs with the names of the cupcake tastings. You may also have promotional flyers.
- Table hosts and vendors will have a separate entrance from event guests. The entrance information will be confirmed via email weeks before the event.
- Table hosts sign-in starts at 9 a.m. and tables must all be ready by 10:30 a.m.
~~ INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? ~~
Love cupcakes and want to help out two worthy causes? Then join our group of volunteers!
- All volunteers will be provided a free general admission ticket with six tasting tickets. They will be allowed to enjoy the Cupcake Fair before or after their volunteer shift is completed, depending on their volunteer shift.
- Free Inland Empire Cupcake Fair T-shirt and free tote bag
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
Ages: Volunteers must be 16 years old and up
Tasks: There are a variety of tasks we need help with during the event, including cupcake judging, ticket table, will call, entertainment guide, floor patrol, vendor and baker sign-in
Volunteer shifts: There will be two shifts. 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 12:30-4:30 p.m. Morning shift volunteers are required to sign-in at 8 a.m. and afternoon shift volunteers are required to sign in at 12 p.m. Additional information will be provided to volunteers via email before the event and tasks will be assigned the day of the event.
Interested in signing up? Click here for the sign-up form.