City of San Bernardino Art Night Community Showcase
January 26, 2017
By Armida Villalvazo
Are you a creative thinker, looking to showcase your creativity and artistic abilities? Then this is event is definitely for you.
The City of San Bernardino is inviting visual and performing artists to participate in the 2-day event, Art Night Community Showcase. Art Night is programmed for Friday, Apr. 21, 2017, from 4-8 p.m., and Saturday Apr.22, 2017 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m., at Carousel Mall and Court Street Square, in San Bernardino.
Art Night is a series of pop-up galleries showcasing the creative and artistic abilities of local artist in a collective effort to bring art, music and entertainment to downtown. Art Night is intended to encourage creative thinking, stimulate conversation, inspire artists and brighten the community.
Applications must be completed and submitted by Feb.2, 2017 to 300 N. D St. San Bernardino, CA 92418, 3rd FL. Applications may be mailed, hand delivered or emailed. Applicants are required to include two images or one sound bite that represent the work he or she will be showing. Email notifications of acceptance for participation will be notified by March 16, 2017.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Artist must be 18 years and older, unless supervised by a responsible adult.
- Artists must be a resident of San Bernardino or Riverside County.
- Artwork must be original and have been executed and owned by the artist whose name appears in the online entry registration.
- Artists are responsible for the setup, take down and clean up of their space. Any violation of this will prohibit them from participating in the future. Setup will be from 12pm (Noon) to 4:30pm, and Tear Down will be from 8pm to 10pm.
- Artists must provide their own flame retardant pop-up, chairs, tables and other display equipment. A 10ft x10ft, 10ft x 20ft or a 10ft x 30ft space will be provided.
- There will not be access to electricity at the event. You may bring a generator if needed for your exhibit. Here are Four (4) pre-approved types of generators: 1. Champion Power Equipment 75537i, 3100 Watt 2. Honda EU20001, 2000 Watt 3. WEN 56352, 3000 Watts 4. Smarter Tools STAP-2000iQ, 1600 Watts
For the full criteria for eligibility list and other concerns and questions visit http://www.artsconnectionnetwork.org/ or contact Stephanie Sanchez in Community Development (909) 384-7272 X3343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Connection, The Arts Council of San Bernardino County is a 501©(3) Non-Profit Organization.