Sponsored by The Bountiful Basket
By Jaqueline Gutierrez
Greetings Ghoulies and Ghosties,
It’s the last week of the Halloween season (say it isn’t so). This week we have a double-trouble bunting project. This is the perfect final touch for bringing a room all together.
The first version is an upcycled version of something you’re probably throwing away every day. It's a jack-o-lantern garland made of empty used K-Cups. All you need is string lights, a permanent marker and some creativity. The second is a totally original, free-to-download, print-out bunting!
Our graphic designer outdid herself this time.What do you think? We'd love to hear from you. Leave your comments on what you thought about our DI-Wednesdays!
K-Cup Jack-o-Lantern Garland
Clean, empty K-Cups (as many as needed)
Black permanent marker
Scissors or any sharp pointed object
- Take you scissors or pen or any other pointed objected and widen the opening that the coffee machine has already created. Be careful not to make the hole too large; you just want to widen it enough to fit snuggly over the little individual bulbs without having to adhere them.
- Use the Sharpie to draw on the jack-o-lantern faces.
- Slip the cups onto the lights and hang it up.
- Download and print the bunting.
- Cut out the bunting flags.
- Use a hole punch to make holes on the indicated “x” at the corners.
- String the twine through and hang it up.
Downloadable link: http://bit.ly/2eSmRcR