DI-WednesdaY | Goofy Turkeys
Sponsored by The Bountiful Basket
By Jaqueline Gutierrez
Hey Guys and Gals,
It’s happened -- we’ve finally made the silliest thing possible. Upon finding this project online, it led to laughter, which led to crying, which led to more laughter. These would be fun to do with your little ones sure, but that’s not using this craft to its full potential. Might we suggest you ask your family and friends to send you a selfie (the more awkward the better). Proceed then to make the most hilarious place cards ever. It even serves as cute party favor. You’re welcome.
Selfie (the more awkward the better)
Glue (strips or stick, not liquid)
Paint (red, yellow, orange, green)
- Print out the selfies (wallet size (2x3) is a good standard). Cut out the selfie close to the face and hairstyle. See video for reference.
- Cut out a potato shape from a sheet of brown construction paper. Adhere the head to the body. Using a marker, add feather and snood detail. Set aside.
- Paint your hand as desired with various colors, press onto a sheet of white paper, overlapping several times to create the tailfeathers. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry glue on the body that was prepared beforehand. Draw the feet with a marker.
- Cut the whole thing out, leaving a margin of about a quarter of an inch all the way around.
- Glue the cut out onto another sheet of construction paper. Cut out again, leaving a colored margin of the same size. This will provide support.
- Gobble like a turkey.
Thanks to Bountiful Baskets for its sponsorship of our DI-WednesdaY series. Its creative gift baskets gave us the inspiration to kick start our craftiness. Thanks, Bountiful Baskets!