DI-WednesdaY | New Year's Wine Bottles
Sponsored by The Bountiful Basket
By Jaqueline Gutierrez
It’s not quite time to prepare for prepare for New Year's, but we’re going to give you a DIY tip ahead of time. Why? This craft uses empty wine bottles. So this Christmas weekend, save the wine bottle to make an adorable accent piece to ring in the new year!
New Year's Wine Bottles
4 empty wine bottles
Gold spray paint
- Remove the labels from the bottles (optional, we chose to leave them on);
- Cut the numbers of the current year from the cardboard, about the height of the wine bottle excluding the neck;
- In a well ventilated area, spray the wine bottles and numbers with the gold paint;
- See your can of spray paint for drying times;
- Once dry, use the hot glue to adhere the numbers to the bottles;
- Put candlesticks in the bottles or gold starburst decorations (optional -- these are our suggestions, but the sky is the limit).
Thanks to The Bountiful Basket for its sponsorship of our DI-WednesdaY series. Its creative gift baskets gave us the inspiration to kick start our craftiness. Thanks, Bountiful Baskets!