DIY/Craft | Do-It-Yourself Gift Bag
By: Rina Gonzales, Mothership Scrapbook Gal
I am so excited to share a simple DIY Gift Bag with you and even more jazzed to be working (once again) with IEShineOn.com.
There are a lot of young movers and shakers in the Inland Empire and one of the sweetest and busiest is my dear friend, Su Pak, the creator of IEShineOn.com.
When Su asked me to work on a Crafty Column and share the DIY love to her audience, I was delighted!
For the Holidays I have a simple DIY Gift Bag idea for you. It can be made with different variations for holidays and birthdays throughout the year too!
Here is the supplies list:
- Gift Bag (any color)
- Coffee filter (white or kraft)
- Doily (any color)
- Cupcake liner (we used a patterned one!)
- Buttons (about the size of a Quarter coin or larger)
- White Glue (we used our favorite Aleene's Turbo Tacky)
DIY Gift Bag in 5 Easy Steps
1. Use your white glue to adhere the 3 layers.
2. The bottom layer is the coffee filter which you will fold in half and glue shut and also unto the gift bag.
3. The middle layer is the doily and you use a small amount of white glue to adhere it to the coffee filter.
4. The top layer is the cupcake liner which you will need to spread/press flat and then glue on.
5. You can glue a button to the cupcake liner and Ta Da! You have a super cute and "wow" worthy gift bag!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Join Mothership Scrapbook Gal this Fri, Dec. 12, 2014, at Packinghouse Brewing Co. in Riverside for Crafty Happy Hour from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Make a handmade holiday card or join the fun of crafting up an Ugly Xmas Sweater! Click here for details!